Our Holiday Sales starts today! Travelers have a catalog full of $10 gift items. Students earn $4 for every item they sell and get one item free for every 10 they sell. Orders and money are due back by November 14th. We can expect delivery by December 8th. Checks should be made out to ISD 2169. Please collect money when items are sold.
The Student Youth Travel Foundation offers need based scholarships for student travelers. There are 3 application deadlines before our trip. Applications for the Road Scholarship can be found on the SYTA website.
The Ann Bancroft Foundation offers a Dare to Dream Grant of up to $500 for girls. More information can be found by clicking the Dare to Dream link. MCC had 2 girls receive this grant for the 2012 trip.
The Plum Creek Library System is running a contest through October 20 to design a logo for their winter reading program. The award for being chosen is $500. That would make a really nice trip payment. :) I have more information available in my classroom.
Hosting a foreign exchange student is a great way to save 10% off your trip. Let me know if you'd like more information.
We are going to England, France and Spain in June of 2016. Several students have enrolled, but there is room for more. The $200 early enrollment discount is good until the end of October. Parents, or direct relatives of students going on the trip, are welcome to come along. This page is where I will post updates on the trip, fundraising, scholarship, and grant opportunities as well as meeting times and highlights. You can follow this page using the RSS Feed option to get notifications when the page is updated. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or suggestions. I am looking forward to traveling in 2016. This is going to be the best trip yet!
Informational Meeting Wednesday September 24 @ 5:30 pm - Recording
Parent Meeting PowerPoint - No Audio
Additional Trip Information
Things to keep in mind:
· The sooner you sign up, the cheaper your trip will be. There is an early enrollment discount.
· There is a $95 sign-up fee that is applied to the cost of the trip. You can sign up on-line or bring in a check and enrollment form.
· I recommend putting your trip on a payment plan right away to make it more affordable.
· Hosting a foreign exchange student either this year or next year will save you 10% on your trip.
· Parents can come along as chaperones; however, costs will be slightly higher for adults than students.
· Travelers are also responsible for the cost of a passport ($135), tips for drivers and guides (Approx. $120),
spending money for 1 meal/day and souvenirs and $155 for optional travel insurance.