· Get Mrs. Johnson a copy of your passport
· Your EF backpack is your carry-on. It should include:
o Your Passport
o Medications in their original container. Bring a written copy of any prescriptions.
o A change of clothes
o Items to freshen up when we land (toothbrush/paste, comb, contact solution)
o Other items listed in the handout
· You can have one checked bag less than 50lbs. Attach your EF tag to it and label it on the inside as well we
will all label our bags with the same color/design duct tape for easy identification as belonging to our group.
o Put soaps, lotions, etc inside a ziplock bag to protect your clothes
o Save room for souvenirs
· Luggage requirements and expectations for the trip were included in a handout. Please read and ask if you
have any questions.
· If you do not have a debit card and would like one, talk to your bank right away. Some banks also offer a
Travel Card (a prepaid Visa).
· Notify your bank/cedit card company that you are going
· Plan on using ATMs to get cash as needed. Know your PIN and practice using it before we go.
· You are responsible for lunch, free time activities and souvenirs
· Meal portions will be smaller than in the US.
· Water is included for the evening meal, other beverages will cost you extra. We discussed bringing drink
mix packets (such as Propel).
· If you plan to plug anything in, you will need a polarized converter/adapter.
· Pack a travel alarm
· Wear a watch!
We will most likely be carpooling to Minneapolis on Sunday morning, June 15th. I will be checking with Ludolph's
· Meet by 7:00 am. Location to be determined
We need to all get our tickets and go through security as a group.
Thank you to the parents who have graciously volunteered to drop us off (pick us up?) at the airport. On our return trip, we should be ready to leave the airport by 8:15pm if our flight is on time. The following parents have volunteered to drop us off/pick us up.
· Sharon Johnson – 7 passengers
· Lori Gunnink – 4 passengers
· Mike Lund – 5 passengers + luggage
Checks were issued to students for the balance in their fundraising account
Mrs. Johnson will convert US dollars to Euros for everyone so we only pay one exchange fee.
Sample packing lists were included in the handout. A few reminders:
· Pack mix and match clothing that can be worn more than once or washed in a sink and hung to dry
(Denim will not dry overnight)
· Dress modestly (5 inch inseam minimum). You are representing MCC. All clothing should be school
and/or church appropriate.
· We will be attending a Greek Evening Show. You will want a nicer outfit for that evening. On the day we
visit Vatican City you will need to have your shoulders and knees covered (boys too). I would pack one
outfit that would be suitable for both places.
· Pack light and leave room for souvenirs.
Feel free to decorate your EF backpack. It would be helpful to have your name on it.
Communication with home will be easiest using a Wi-Fi device. Remember, there is a 7-8 hour time difference.
The handout included an emergency contact calling tree
Check with your cell carrier before bringing your cell phone. Rentals are available through Verizon Global.
A money belt that can be worn under your clothing is a must!
Don’t forget to bring your passport!