· Get Mrs. Johnson a copy of your passport
· Your EF backpack is your carry-on. It should include:
o Your Passport
o Medications in their original container. Bring a written copy of any prescriptions.
o A change of clothes
o Items to freshen up when we land (toothbrush/paste, comb, contact solution)
o Other items listed in the handout
· You can have one checked bag less than 50lbs. Attach your EF tag to it and label it on the inside as well
o Put soaps, lotions, etc inside a ziplock bag to protect your clothes
o Save room for souvenirs
· Luggage requirements are in the handout
· If you do not have a debit card and would like one, talk to your bank right away. Some banks also offer a Travel Card (a prepaid Visa).
· Notify your bank/cedit card company that you are going
· Plan on using ATMs to get cash as needed. Know your PIN and practice using it before we go.
· You are responsible for lunch, free time activities and souvenirs
· Meal portions will be smaller than in the US.
· Water is included for the evening meal, other beverages will cost you extra. We discussed bringing drink mix packets (such as Propel).
· If you plan to plug anything in, you will need a polarized converter/adapter.
· Pack a travel alarm
· Wear a watch!
We will take the B&K party bus to Minneapolis on Thursday morning, June 21st.
· Meet by 2:30am near the school garage.
· For those not taking the bus, we will all meet near the ticket counter of United Airlines at about 6:30am. This way we can all get our tickets and go through security as a group.
Thank you to the parents who have graciously volunteered to pick us up at the airport on June 30th. We should be ready to leave the airport by 11pm if our flight is on time. The following parents have volunteered to pick us up. If you need a replacement, please contact a listed alternate.
· Cheri Jacobson – 4 passengers
· Jodi Beckman – 6 passengers
· Jim Bose – 4 passengers + luggage
o Eric Dahlgren – 5 passengers
o Madeline VanderWal – 5 passengers
o Lisa Sweetman
o Stacy Posthuma
Checks were issued to students for the balance in their fundraising account
Mrs. Johnson will convert US dollars to Euros for everyone so we only pay one exchange fee.
Sample packing lists were included in the handout. A few reminders:
· Pack mix and match clothing that can be worn more than once or washed in a sink and hung to dry. Denim will not dry overnight.
· Dress modestly (5 inch inseam minimum). You are representing MCC. All clothing should be school and/or church appropriate.
· On day 5, we will be attending a Flamenco Dancing Show. You will want a nicer outfit for that evening. On day 9 you will need to have your shoulders and knees covered (boys too). I would pack one outfit that would be suitable for both.
· Pack light and leave room for souvenirs.
Feel free to decorate your EF backpack. It would be helpful to have your name on it.
Communication with home will be easiest using a Wi-Fi device. Remember, there is a 7 hour time difference.
The handout included an emergency contact calling tree
Check with your cell carrier before bringing your cell phone.
A money belt that can be worn under your clothing is a must!
Don’t forget to bring your passport!